1. For whom PTE academic suitable for?
PTE Academic is for non-native speakers of English who need to demonstrate their English language ability
2. How old do I need to be to take PTE academic?
You must be at least 16 years old. If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must provide a signed parental consent form before taking the test.
3. Do I need to know about a specific subject to take the test?
No. PTE academic is a test of your English ability. The test covers a range of subjects, but you are not being tested on these subjects.
4. Do I need computer skills to take the test?
You do not need any special computer skills. PTE academic is taken using a QWERTY keyboard, where the letters on the top line spell out ‘QWERTY’. If you are not used to this type of keyboard, it may help to practice with one before you take the test.
5. Will I be penalized in speaking tasks for not having an accent from a native English speaking country?
No. PTE academic has been designed to recognize speech from non-active speakers of English representing over 100 different native languages.
6. How many times can I take the test?
You can take PTE academic as many times as you like. You must wait to receive your scores before you can book your next test.